23 Mart 2010 Salı

Sony Animation Bringing CGI Popeye Movie to the Big Screen

Sony Animation Bringing CGI Popeye Movie to the Big Screen: "
Popeye

Late last year, we wrote about former Marvel exec Avi Arad picking up the rights to bring Popeye to the big screen. Although it's not much of an update, Variety has confirmed that Sony Pictures Animation will be animating and bringing the spinach-eating sailor Popeye to the big screen in an all-CGI animated movie. Mike Jones (of only The Minotaur Takes a Cigarette Break screenplay) landed the job of writing the script, but no director has been chosen yet. 'I'm an unabashed, lifelong Popeye fan,' said Jones. 'Introducing this squinty-eyed sailor to a new generation also means reintroducing him to those who grew up with him.'


King Features Syndicate controls the property and decided to bring it to Arad. 'Scott [Sassa] called me and said, 'I have something for you,'' said Arad, who grew up watching Popeye short movies in Israel. 'I literally started singing the famous Popeye song (after securing the rights). What always blew me away is the level of the animation. It was so beautiful and unbelievably detailed.' Of course, this is also going to be arriving in 3D, but that's expected for pretty much every animated movie released these days. I'm not inherently excited for a Popeye movie, just because I don't have a connection with him like others do, but I guess I'll wait to see how it looks in a trailer first. It could turn out fairly entertaining. Is anyone actually excited for this?


Discover More: Movie News, Opinions



"

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder