23 Mart 2010 Salı

Warner Bros. Testing 3D-Converted 300 Footage for Re-release; Prequel Still in the Works

Warner Bros. Testing 3D-Converted 300 Footage for Re-release; Prequel Still in the Works: "

300_still-frame


Hollywood is fully in thrall to 3D and 3D conversion at this point. The numbers for Avatar and Alice were just too good to pass up. So there’s the upcoming Clash of the Titans to join Alice in the vanguard for post-converted 3D movies (no matter how dodgy it may look) and now Warner Bros, the studio determined to make one 3D tentpole after another, is following suit with conversion and re-release plans for 300.


At ShoWest, director Zack Snyder talked about the conversation test that WB has already done on 300, and mentioned some details on Xerxes, the follow-up to 300 that has been under discussion for some time.


WB has tested about ten minutes of converted 3D footage from 300, Snyder tells SuperHeroHype. At this point is sounds as if the studio is still in the planning stages with respect to converting the whole movie — expect the performance of Clash of the Titans to have something to do with making a final call.


And with respect to Xerxes, Snyder says he’s waiting on material from writer/artist Frank Miller.


He’s been working hard, so he’s supposed to show me something really soon; actually in the next few months, he’s going to show me something. There was a big discussion about what we would do for the sequel to ‘300′ and I said, “I didn’t tell Frank what to write the first time, and I’m not telling him what to write this time,” he told us when asked who came up with the idea for Xerxes. “I’ll take it and I’ll adapt it and make it into a movie and I’ll write a screenplay, but I want him to do whatever he thinks. I’m not going to say I’m 100%, like that’s it, but on the other hand, I’m pretty confident it’s going to be awesome. That would be the next thing and then I’m working on a sci-fi thing that Kurt and I are writing together, an original thing.


So not necessarily a go by any means at this point, but something that could happen. In other words: things on Xerxes are as they have been for the past couple of years.




"

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder