22 Mart 2010 Pazartesi

Exclusive: Louis Leterrier Promises Clash of the Titans Trilogy

Exclusive: Louis Leterrier Promises Clash of the Titans Trilogy: "
Louis Leterrier

While everyone else out there seems to be focusing on the news that French director Louis Leterrier is on the 'bottom of the shortlist' to direct The Avengers movie, we've got some real news to highlight today that should make all the Clash of the Titans fans a bit more excited to see the new movie in just a few weeks. I interviewed Leterrier this weekend (full interview will be up next week) to talk about his upcoming Clash of the Titans remake, which I enjoyed quite a bit, and learned that he originally signed on to make a trilogy for Warner Brothers and Legendary Pictures and has even written an entire story for all three movies already.


First, Leterrier named a few directors who worked on this before him. 'There's been several directors before me attached to the project: Sam Raimi, Robert Rodriguez, and most recently, Stephen Norrington, and all these guys had worked on concept and ideas and everything.' I had asked him about coming up with some of the visuals, and he said that 'I decided not to throw everything away [from those earlier versions], just keep the pieces that I liked,' such as the way the god of the underworld Hades looks. However, once you see the movie, you may feel like there should be more to see after the ending. But don't worry, there will be!


After talking about the possibility of releasing an extended version, Leterrier revealed that: 'On top of that, I wrote two other movies… It was three movies. Warners came to me and said 'we'll greenlight your movie if you promise us [two more.]'" He continues, "You can tell that that story the story doesn't end at the Clash of the Titans… And I said 'thanks a lot' because I love doing that. And I had to write two stories. So Clash of the Titans is, and especially 'Titans' is, actually a bigger movie. So 'Titans' are coming.' That extended story is exactly what Leterrier likes in his movie, too. 'I actually love wanting more out of a movie,' he says.


Of course, before they greenlight any sequel, the first one has to do well at box office, and we'll be anxiously waiting to see what happens on April 2nd. Leterrier continues: 'Let's see, knock out wood, that this will work. And I promise you that I've got more. And I've got good more. It's not like I've got more of the same, I've got more of different, and mythology is just like… We've opened the door." He also adds that "it goes beyond any heroes that you've heard of and stuff like that… It's fun. It's good! That's why I was like, great, okay it's a remake, but the door is open to Greek mythology, so we'll see!" Louis had a big grin after telling me that, which seems like a sure sign that he's got some awesome ideas already in the works for this trilogy.


I did really enjoy Leterrier's new Clash of the Titans and I'd love to see more from it. In fact, I think it might work better as a trilogy seen back-to-back, and Leterrier even mentioned at one point in the interview how it sucks that we have to wait three years between each movie. But if the fans turn out in a few weeks and make sure this news Titans is a hit, maybe we won't have to wait too long between each one, especially if we're all left foaming at the mouth for more Greek mythology. Stay tuned for our full interview with Louis Leterrier arriving next week just in time for the opening of Clash of the Titans. And don't forget to see the movie, too!


Clash of the Titans


Discover More: Featured, Hype, Movie News



"

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder