26 Mart 2010 Cuma

Carey Mulligan to Play Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady Remake

Carey Mulligan to Play Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady Remake: "
Carey Mulligan

Late last year, the long gestating new adaptation of the 1956 Broadway musical My Fair Lady got a new director in John Madden (Shakespeare in Love). The most recent attempt at getting it off the ground had Keira Knightley stepping into the shoes once filled by Audrey Hepburn in the 1964 film adaptation of the musical, however BBC News recently caught up with Emma Thompson, who wrote the script for the remake, and she revealed that the lovely and charming Carey Mulligan will be taking on the role of Eliza Doolittle, a Cockney flower girl who takes speech lessons from professor Henry Higgins so that she can pass as a lady.


Though I'm not necessarily convinced this is a necessary remake, Mulligan's involvement has won me over, and I cant wait to see how it turns out. I may have a bit of a schoolboy crush (call me!) on the British actress, but there's no doubt she's a talented actress with many deserving awards nominations and even a few wins for her brilliant and genuine performance in An Education (go see it if you haven't yet). Now the biggest role that remains to be cast is that of Henry Higgins, but Thompson mentions that she would love to see Hugh Grant take on the role. Honestly, those two casting decisions alone would have me anticipating this musical quite a damn bit. They're hoping to start production later this year, so stay tuned for more casting updates!


Discover More: Casting News, Movie News, Opinions



"

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder