30 Mart 2010 Salı

Writer David Hayter Making His Directorial Debut on 'Wolves'

Writer David Hayter Making His Directorial Debut on 'Wolves': "
David Hayter

I'm not too excited about werewolves becoming a new trend in Hollywood, but there's not much I can do, especially with Taylor Lautner running wild. Deadline reports that Watchmen and X2 screenwriter David Hayter (who also voices Snake in Metal Gear Solid) will be getting his big break as a feature director on a project called Wolves. 'While studios want to hire him as a writer, nobody wants to take shots on first time directors,' but Wolves now has the funding it needs to shoot this summer. The film is an $18 million thriller that Hayter describes as 'Twilight with a bit more bite to it, and without abstinence.' I'm still not excited.


Apparently Hayter 'de-constructed past werewolf films, took out the mythology that haunted the screen adaptations, and found a way to make it a metaphor for a teen maturing sexually into adulthood, at the age when young men howl at the moon.' Wait, what? Does anyone want to see something like that? The more I hear, the less excited for this I get, and I'm even a fan of Hayter's work. They're not far along in production either, with casting starting soon (and the previously rumored Thomas Dekker and Ray Stevenson no longer in the mix). That's too bad, I actually think those two would've been interesting to see starring in this film.


I guess I'm not sold on the concept so far and really need to see more from this first. Maybe I'm just not that big of a werewolf fan to begin with, or this just really does sound like a pretty bad idea on paper. Either way, we'll still keep you updated on the project anyway. Does this sound interesting to anyone out there?


Discover More: Movie News, Opinions



"

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder