20 Mart 2010 Cumartesi

Joss Whedon's Dr. Horrible Might Get a Feature Film Sequel?

Joss Whedon's Dr. Horrible Might Get a Feature Film Sequel?: "
Dr. Horrible

If you're a Joss Whedon fan then I'm sure, without a doubt, you saw Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, the musical superhero comedy that debuted online a few years ago. It was only 42-minutes long and starred Nathan Fillion, Felicia Day, and Neil Patrick Harris, but the fans still turned out and made it a big success. Word is there's now a sequel in development that may actually become a feature film. MTV talked with Neil Patrick Harris recently about the rumors of this upcoming Dr. Horrible sequel. NPH says, 'Apparently they're making a Dr. Horrible sequel, a feature film I hope… I hope they cast me in it… We'll see." We will!


He also says he's not sure how big it might be. 'I don't know what scale, they're talking all options, because they made the first Dr. Horrible in five days on no budget at all… You don't want to make the feature film be an $80 million giant movie, because it defeats the purpose of what the first film was made to be, but then again you don't want it to be so low brow that it's not worth paying money to see as a movie.' So does that mean it may go direct-to-DVD or is there a chance we'll see it in theaters? 'I don't think it will be on the internet, I think it will probably be a film,' is all NPH says. We're not sure what studio is even behind this?


NPH only adds that they're trying to work out everyone's schedule right now, from Joss Whedon down to Fillion and Day, so it sounds like it's definitely happening, it's only a matter of when and how big it'll be. I'm a fan of Joss Whedon and I enjoyed Dr. Horrible, but I'm not desperately hoping to see a sequel on the big screen. I guess my fear is that it could turn out like those awful big screen versions of SNL sketches (e.g. A Night at the Roxbury, MacGruber), but you never know. We'll try and keep you updated on this and let you know if we hear anything else about it. Any die-hard fans of Dr. Horrible already excited for this?


Discover More: Hype, Movie News, Opinions



"

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder